February 8 is the birthday of Scouting! To celebrate, each year we hold a Blue & Gold potluck luncheon during our Pinewood Derby. Below are dates to keep in mind, leading up to our big event!
- Mon, January 14 @ 7PM
Scout Meeting & Car Kit Pick-Up
Pinewood Derby car kits will be available for purchase at our meeting. Each kit is $5 (check/cash) and comes with wood block, wheels and axles. Siblings and leaders will have a chance to race after the scouts! Purchase additional kits at Hobby Lobby or the Scout Shop (must be BSA approved).
- Wed, January 23 @ 7PM
Pinewood Derby Car Clinic
Troop 874 will host a car clinic for our pack to carve their vehicles! This event is optional — if you would like to carve your vehicle on your own, feel free. Event will be for shaping the car only; any painting or decorating should be completed before the Pinewood Derby.
Rules & Regulations
- Sat, February 16 @ 12:30-4PM
Pinewood Derby + Blue & Gold
Farmers Branch Moose Lodge
We need your help to make this event a success! Register to volunteer, and sign up for the potluck here.
(Please note, this message has dates for our Pinewood Derby related events only. For all pack and district events, see our calendar.
If you missed out on CUBE Camp this weekend, there’s another overnight campout being produced by Blackland Prairies District. See the information below for how to register.
OVER THE HORIZON CAMPOUT
October 6-7, 2018 @ Camp Wisdom
6400 W Red Bird Ln, Dallas, TX 75236
Register by Saturday, September 29, 2018, midnight. To register, go to https://circle10.camp-master.com/
Scroll to Oct. 6 and select 2018 Blackland Prairie Cubapalooza. You’ll need to sign in or create a new account.
- Scouts $20/scout, includes patch/lunch
- Parents, Siblings, Staff $ 5/person, includes lunch
- Walk-ins without reservations, increase fee by $5 per attendee
Hosted by Blackland Prairie District. Join us for a fun adventure at Cub-A-Palooza with activities for the entire family! Sometimes, it is easy for a Cub Scout to become tired and want to quit while out on a hike, but looking forward to seeing what is OVER THE HORIZON is a goal that may keep them from giving up. Perseverance is sticking with something and not giving up, even if it is difficult. This event will encourage every Cub Scout to look “Over the Horizon” to his goal as they hike along the Cub Scout trail. Bring a tent and spend the night under the stars with the whole family!
- BB guns
- Sponge battles
- STEM truck
- Nerf Guns
- Fly a kite
- Bowl Pounding
- Jump house
- Relay Games
- Carmen Vasquez – BP Cub-A-Palooza registrar: email@example.com
- Theresa Kaualoku – BP Program Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maribeth Hughes – BP Senior District Executive – Maribeth.Hughes@scouting.org
THANK YOU for registering to be an adult leader in our pack! You are filling a great need, and setting an awesome example for your scouts!
To get started, I do have your application on file, however I have confirmed with our District Executive that I cannot turn them in to complete your registration until you complete Youth Protection Training.
- You may do this in person this Saturday during Super Training Day (register online by 9/19: http://www.northstarbsa.org/TrainingAdult). You can get your Position-Specific training done this day as well! When you get your card, text or email me a picture so I can turn it in to the council along with your application.
- OR you may do this completely online by going to http://my.scouting.org, create an account, and begin the Youth Protection Training. When completed, send me a picture or screenshot of your certificate, so that I can turn it in to the council along with your application.
EXISTING LEADERS: If you have not completed the new online YPT, you must have this completed by 10/1. Remember, this replaces the old version, so it must be completed for your registration to be current with the pack. Text or email me a pic of the certificate to update your file with the pack.
As always, if you have any questions, I am here to help!
Our pack has GROWN, and we have a real need for Registered Adult Leaders! Must complete an application for background check, AND Youth Protection Training. I will bring more applications to our meeting on Monday.
There are multiple Position-Specific Training options available!
District/Council Level Events
PACK 711 EVENTS
Flag Ceremony at Blair Elementary Veteran’s Day Assembly
Fall Camp Out, 11/16-11/18 @ Camp Wisdom (6400 Red Bird Lane, Dallas)
New Venue! We will have leader-led activities, BB range time, Pirate Ship play time and more
Parents will be required to walk with their scouts for part of the day
Cost per family, TBD
Bring tent, food for your family
Hey there scouting families! I am getting questions about our first meeting date and uniform needs. Here are a few announcements!
– Our first meeting of the schoolyear will be Monday, 9/10
– Meetings start at 7:15, but it is always good to come by 7PM
– Wear your full uniform to the first meeting, we have a “Scout Closet” from donated items. If you ever outgrow an item, we will always take it and make sure it moves on to the next scout.
I am looking for leaders (and all parents are leaders) to help with a few areas!
1) Registrar (NEW YEAR) — attend training, complete charter renewal at year’s end
2)Camp Card Chair (SPRING) — attend training, assign cards to scouts, schedule table sales, collect unused cards and monies to turn in to council
3) Popcorn Chair (NEXT YEAR) — attend training, schedule table sales, collect and place orders, pick up popcorn and disperse
If you have any questions, please visit our Facebook group (facebook.com/CubScoutsPack711) or email me at email@example.com
Remember to join our Facebook group
for announcements and pictures of our meetings!
Some big announcements coming up for this winter/spring.
- GO-SEE-IT ACTIVITY: Mon. 1/15, 7PM: We are meeting 1/15 at Fire Station #2 in Carrollton. Come in uniform by 6:45 to begin our tour at 7PM.
Fire Station #2, 1720 E Jackson Rd, Carrollton, TX 75006
- Purchase your car for our Pinewood Derby online or at the Scout Shop. Please have in hand by our Scouts Car Clinic on 1/24. Must be BSA official car.
- SCOUTS CAR CLINIC: Wed. 1/24, 7PM: our local Boy Scouts troop 874 will host our pack for a Scout Car Clinic. Come in clothes that can get messy. They will help to carve the cars, install wheels and axles
First Christian Church, 1835 Walnut Ave, Carrollton, TX 75006
- PINEWOOD DERBY + BLUE & GOLD: Sat. 2/24, 1-4PM: our annual Blue & Gold banquet and Pinewood Derby will be held at the Moose Lodge. RSVP to our event on Facebook, then sign up for a volunteer spot, and potluck item.
Moose Lodge, 3110 Towerwood Dr, Farmers Branch, TX 75234
- SPRING FAMILY CAMPOUT: March 9-11. More details to come.
Cub Scouts Pack 711 | Committee Chair
The 2018 Recharter for our pack has been completed, and your fee per scout will be $45 to carry through the entire 2018 calendar year. This includes a 12-month subscription to Boys’ Life magazine, and access to all of the events, camp outs, go-see-its, activities and fun our pack has to offer.
Payment for your scouts’ recharter can be accepted in cash, check, or via PayPal, and scholarships are available.
For more information, please contact your Pack 711 committee chair.
To earn the Summertime Award, each scout must attend one meet-up each month throughout the summer. This summer, 60% of our pack earned the Summertime Award!
We had such a great time getting together, and two of our new Tiger scouts are already well on their way to earning their first elective belt loop!
On August 21, 100% of our pack witnessed and discussed the Solar Eclipse! Each scout will receive the limited edition Solar Eclipse patch for taking part.
Welcome to summer scouts! Let’s keep the fun rolling, and meet up a few times over summer break. Scouts who attend at least one pack event each month through the summer (June, July and August) can receive a Summertime Award pin when we come back together in the fall! See our pack calendar or Facebook group for more dates/information.
- June 12-16, 3-8PM — Twilight Cub Camp @ Farmers Branch Historic Park
- Friday, June 23, 6-8PM — Splash Bash @ Farmers Branch Frogpad Pool
- Saturday, July 22 — Night Hike & Splash (time & location TBD)
- Bring water balloons, water guns, swimsuit, and a towel – plus your own drinking water and light snacks!
- Saturday, August 19, 6-8PM — Play at the Park @ Mary Heads Carter Park
- Races and playtime, bring water, light snacks, sunscreen and bug repellant!